Scammers are taking advantage of fears surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak. They're setting up websites to sell bogus products, and using fake emails, texts, and social media posts as a ruse to take your money and get your personal information. Scammers will call about the stimulus checks to get routing and account information. DO NOT fall for it!
WHO (World Health Organization) and the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) will:
- NEVER ask for your username or password to access financial information
- NEVER email attachments you didn't ask for
- NEVER charge money to apply for a job, register for a conference, or reserve a hotel
- NEVER conduct lotteries or offer prizes, grants, certificates or funding through email
- NEVER call to ask for your routing or account number
- NEVER ask for your social security number
Please be on high alert for these sorts of scams. If you do give out any personal information, please contact us to talk about your options.